2017 Student Incentive AwardStudents meeting the eligibility requirements stated below are invited to apply for the Shoreview Northern Lights Variety Band's Student Incentive Award. Click here (right-click>save-as) to download the award application (provided as form-fill pdf). To open it, you'll need a pdf reader such as Adobe Acrobat Reader (free).
To learn more about the award and how to apply for it, see the information provided below:
Amount of Award: $250 and $500. The SNLVB generally expects to present two awards: a $500 award to a high school student and a $250 award to a middle school student. The Student Incentive Award Committee may, however, divide the award money in other ways. For example, if two or more candidates at either level are equally qualified, the committee reserves the right to divide the award equally among those candidates.
Eligibility requirements. To be eligible to apply, students must:
- Either attend Mounds View Public Schools or live within the Mounds View School District attendance area
- Be a student in the sixth through twelfth grade
- Be a member in good standing of a school band program
- Complete and submit the application form
- Not be a member of the SNLVB or an immediate family member of an SNLVB member
- Not have received an SNLVB student incentive award in the past (unless you are a past middle school award recipient and are now applying for the high school award)
To apply, students must complete and submit the application form available from band directors or online at SNLVB.com. Be sure to include a short bio and a head shot per the instructions on the application. Applications must be received by March 24, 2017. Students should email the completed application form as either a Word document or a pdf document to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that applications will only be accepted by email. Application forms may be attached as a Word document or attached as a pdf.) Use of award money. The award winner(s) should use the money for musical purposes. For example, the money might be used to cover private music instruction, a music camp, music education or the purchase of an instrument.
Criteria. The award will be offered without discrimination on the
basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age and any other characteristics protected by
law. While giving ample consideration to the age and grade level of each applicant, the SNLVB Student Incentive Award Committee will consider
several factors in selecting the award winner, including:
- Musical achievement, involvement and interest
- Involvement in other activities
- The candidates' stated intent for use of the award
For more information, contact Alex Kahler at 651-470-5625 or email@example.com.